Gearbest

Friday, June 2, 2017

New knife, folder deals (Dicoria, ZT0920, Vollsion, Typhoon etc.) on Aliexpress part 37

(Seller's pics)

Dicoria Falcon titanium frame-lock flippers
 with M390 blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the Falcon on Aliexpress: 
***HERE*** or ***HERE*** 

Because of a stupid rule of Aliexpress the sellers are forced to photoshop
 the locking mechanism and the "blood grooves" on the folders.

Awesome Vollsion VS1.0 titanium fidget spinner
 with tritium inserts and handy knuckle SD - selfdefense function:
You can buy the Vollsion spinner on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** 

Brian Nadeau - Sharp by Design Typhoon style flippers
 with D2 blade, aluminium handle and ball bearings:
You can buy the Typhoon on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** (10 variants)

The lock side of my alu Typhoon, more pics: ***HERE***

Zero Tolerance ZT0920 copy
 with bowie style blade and G10 handle:
You can buy the ZT0920 on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** 

Bear Claw B1701 frame-lock flippers
with 9Cr14MoV blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the Bear Claw B1701 on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** 

"LDT" OEM Asymmetric Fixed Blade Knives 
with D2 blade and kydex sheath:
 
You can buy the LDT fixed blade on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** 

6 comments:

  1. On the Typhoons, I remain concerned about the use of aluminum for a frame-lock. I'm no metallurgist, but I don't think aluminum holds up to repeated flexing the way steel and titanium can. Does anyone have one of these and care to comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can produce a huge variety of alu alloys nowadays. I have the all black tanto version which I bought last year. I'm very satisfied with mine, it doesn't have any locking issues. I consider this Typhoon a pretty good deal as it has:
      - excellent, smooth flipping action,
      - good ergonomics,
      - light weight construction for EDC,
      - solid early lock-up without any blade play or lock sticking.

      You can find a couple of pics of mine HERE.

      Delete
    2. Initially, due to my concerns about aluminum having a finite number of stress cycles, I purchased a titanium version of the Brian Nadeau Typhoon clone. Later, I also gave in and bought an aluminum version. I really do not know what the lifespan of the aluminum knife will be and I never really carry it anyway. The last time I looked, I found current real Brian Nadeau folding frame locks seem to be titanium. In recent times too, I have found there are new aluminum alloys that change the performance capabilities of the metal. I do not know if the updates improved or changed the issue with finite stress cycles. In bicycles, I have seen reports that Cannondale aluminum frame would last 150 years is subjected to the stresses of an elite sprinter running all day. My take away was that, though my Cannondale frames would eventually fail catastrophically, it would be hundreds of years after I was long gone. That was the state of frames about 30 years ago, and I expect things did not get worse since then. Steel alloys would last forever assuming corrosion does not destroy it and the it is not exposed to an stress level beyond its rating. I do not know about titanium, but some alloys seems good with flexing. Ultimately, I get the knife clones out of curiosity and I do not limit my carry knives to the clones, though I have been impressed with many of them, including the Brian Nadeau Typhoon aluminum clone.

      Delete
  2. I wish they made a clone of zt0350bw!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few months ago, on Amazon, I bought a ZT0350 for $90. Occasionally, there are unadvertised sales like that on Amazon. In that case, though the search showed $140, checking the link showing other options showed the $90 offer. There was a note that it would ship in about 60 days, but, for the price, I was willing to wait. The knife came in and it is a fine, compact, very strong knife. Also, though the blade is relatively short, it has a longer cutting edge that many 3.5" blades. I suppose it would be easy to clone, but with all the other titanium clones, there may not be great demand.

      Delete
    2. That was a great deal for $90. Time to time I see good deals online but unfortunately only for domestic shipping in the US.

      Delete