Gearbest

Monday, May 15, 2017

New knife, folder deals (Zero Tolerance, TwoSun, Y-Start, etc.) on Aliexpress part 34

(Seller's pics)

Y-Start Kwaiken titanium flipper
 with 440C blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the Y-start Kwaiken on Aliexpress: ***HERE***

Because of a stupid rule of Aliexpress the sellers are forced to photoshop
 the locking mechanism and the "blood grooves" on the folders. 

Y-Start Tanto titanium flipper
 with 440C blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the Y-start Tanto on Aliexpress: ***HERE***

TwoSun TS38 titanium flipper
 with M390 blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the TS38 with M390 blade on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** 

TwoSun TS38 titanium flipper
 with D2 blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the TS38 with D2 blade on Aliexpress: ***HERE***

One of the most beautiful folders on AE at the moment!
LWknives AH-46 Apache integral (one piece handle) titanium flipper
 with M390 blade, tritium vial in the pocket clip and ball bearings:
You can buy the Apache on Aliexpress: 

Zero Tolerance ZT0460 copy 
 with titanium-CF handle, D2 blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the ZT0460 on Aliexpress: ***HERE***

Zero Tolerance ZT0427 copy 
 with G10 handle, D2 blade and ball bearings:
You can buy the ZT0427 on Aliexpress: 

Zero Tolerance ZT0850 copy 
 with carbon fiber handle, D2 blade and ball bearings:

You can buy the ZT0850 on Aliexpress: 

11 comments:

  1. Those Kwaiken style knifes with tanto blades look nice (more than once, I was really close to ordering the somewhat similar looking curved tanto from TwoSun, if only it didn't have a plain backside versus the howsitcalledagain-grind on the front side). Well, back to the Y-Start -- it looks good, but that pocket clip? Honestly? So ugly AND high carry, why oh whyyyyy ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the expression you're looking for is "Anso pattern". :)
      Yes, those pocket clips are quite plain looking but atleast they seem functional.

      Delete
  2. That Apache is nice but the price tag is WAYYYY too high for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but I added it to my wishlist anyway. :)
      I'd be afraid of using such a pretty and expensive folder in edc situations.

      Delete
    2. I got the Apache last month during one of their Chinese celebration sales for $280.
      I don't have too many expensive (for me) folders and this is the most expensive I have (It took me about 6 months to finally decide to buy it :D).
      Worth EVERY penny! Fit and finish are flawless, cleaned milled grooves on the handle and pocket clip, hand finish orange peel, blade seems to be hand rubbed as well and grind lines are superb, action is perfect, the lockbar, although thick is probably the lightest I have to disengage, blade falls shut without any grinding of the bearings, tritium insert, 3D machined pivot and the heavily milled/sculpted thumb stub are a nice touch as well.
      It's a long blade but carries well since it's fairly slim and light for its size.
      I couldn't find a flaw and would it be a name brand, I truly believe that this knife would sell in the $500/$600.
      To sum it up, it is not cheap (especially for a Chinese knife) but definitely worth the price tag for what you pay vs what you get. I'm very happy with it and for now, it's the pride of my collection :D

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot for your feedback! Now I'm even more tempted to grab this golden version with the satin blade! :) Do you have the grey or the golden one?

      Delete
  3. Grey whaaaaat!
    After your comment, I had to go check your links.
    If you're referring the the pics on Dicoria, you may want to double check with him (and hope that he replies) and I'm pretty sure the color shown is due to bad lightning / bad picture.
    AFAIK, there is only on version of the LW Apache and it's the Gold. I'm typically not fond of gold color but to me, this one is more of a Champagne and I think it suits the knife very well and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This champagne color is stunning. After having so many greyish titanium folders I want to add a little color to my life too. ;)
      I'm also contemplating the new version of the Kevin John Wing.

      Delete
  4. Yeah I know, I was also debating between the Apache and the Wing. Can't have both and decided on the Apache, I just like the styling more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I see both of them have the same style lock-bar relief. Maybe that's the key for the easy unlocking you mentioned before.

      Delete
    2. You are right, they do.
      I don't know if it's that but the Apache definitely has the lightest lockbar I have ever handled.

      Delete