Wednesday, January 11, 2017

New folders and knives on Aliexpress part 20

(Seller's pics)
ADV Butcher style titanium frame-lock flipper
 with 2.83" (72mm) S35VN blade and ball bearings.
Mine has arrived! :) 
 You can buy the Butcher folders on Aliexpress:
Because of a stupid rule of Aliexpress the sellers are forced to photoshop the locking mechanism and the "blood grooves" on the folders. So don't worry these folders come with a lock!


A2 Knives style titanium frame-lock flipper
 with 2.91" (74mm) VG10 or M390 blade and ball bearings:
The M390 version has a finer pattern on the handle: 
 You can buy the A2 folders on Aliexpress:
***HERE*** or ***HERE*** or ***HERE*** or ***HERE****

Dicoria "ZT2017" titanium frame-lock flipper
 with S35VN blade and ball bearings:
 You can buy the "ZT2017" on Aliexpress:
***HERE*** or ***HERE***

New model from Rikeknife - Armorhide
titanium frame-lock flipper
 with S35VN blade and ball bearings:
 You can buy the Rikeknife on Aliexpress:
***HERE*** or ***HERE***


New District 9 folder Rike D9 from Rikeknife
titanium frame-lock flipper
 with CTS-204P blade and ball bearings:

 You can buy the Rike D9 on Aliexpress:
***HERE*** or ***HERE***

New Sinkevich Coordinal Leaf by Vespa
CF - titanium frame-lock flipper
 with M390 blade and ball bearings:
 You can buy the CF Coordinal on Aliexpress:
***HERE*** or ***HERE***

Budget friendly version of the
Sinkevich Coordinal Leaf by Monkey

G10 - steel handle, D2 blade, liner-lock
 in 6 different color variations:

 You can buy the G10 Coordinal on Aliexpress:
***HERE*** or ***HERE***

You can find more Sinkevich designed folders:
***HERE*** or ***HERE***

31 comments:

  1. And I caved in, ordered a G10 Coordinal. In jade and blue. The jade is really what decided me. I'm such a jade G10 guy! And as I was at it, I also ordered a DOC D2/G10.
    The carbon 940 should arrive tomorrow or Friday, too! If the post is not too disrupted by the little snow falls we've had (like it's a surprise, snow falling in the Alps in winter ;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your photos about that jade/blue Coordinal. In the seller's pics it looks quite greyish to me.

      Does that G10 DOC come with a liner-lock? I was contemplating to order one too but I managed to resist since I already have the full titanium version. :)

      Please drive carefully and take a couple of pics of the BM940 as soon as you get it! :))

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I think it's a liner lock. And it's got a nice contacting backspacer.
      I'm sure review the 940 ASAP.
      And, by the way, I also have a mini butcher on the way that I had almost forgotten but Ali tracking system has just informed me it's left Hong Kong toda !

      Delete
    3. You have plenty of new toys! :)
      Have a look at this new Lionsteel KUR copy. It looks like a TRE on steroids! :)

      Delete
    4. Interesting one... I'll keep it in my favourites, and who knows, maybe one day ;-)

      Delete
  2. That G10 coordinal (jade and blue) is in my cart lol.

    Also, I got my 940 clone on Monday. Review coming soon. In a few words, my sample was very nice but did not come as sharp as it could have. Oh and they promised me 60HRC, I tested it and my blade was 60.5 HRC. Take it for what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm leaning towards the jade/blue version too! :)

      Wow 60.5 HRC is amazing!
      As long as the grind lines are fine on the edge I'm not concerned about the initial sharpness. Sooner or later I sharpen (or reprofile) it anyway! :)

      Delete
  3. Brief and basic review posted on BLF with a bunch of photos and comparisons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/52012

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I'd prefer a clean version but it's unlikely that will happen. How's the blade grind? Could you measure the thickness of the blade right behind the cutting edge someday? Thank you :)
      And Thankyounot cos now I have to wait some time till I can afford another knife :P

      Delete
  5. This blog is dangerous for me. Now I have to add that KUR copy to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The KUR won the overall knife of the year prize of Blade Show in 2016.
      So I guess the design can't be too bad. :))

      Delete
  6. He he... Got my BM940 today (had to get it from the post office), but I had the surprise of also receiving the "mini-butcher" a few days earlier than anticipated.
    Both are great and I took the time to do a quick photo-shoot and review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing!
      I'm curious about your experience EDCing the mini Butcher.
      Mine is still in transit somewhere...

      Delete
    2. Mine Mini Butcher has arrived! :)
      Nice, compact sturdy folder and it flips like a charm.

      Delete
    3. Saw your new picture!
      For this one time we went for a different colour, it seems ;) I'm impatient to see your review of it!

      Delete
    4. Having a second look at your pics I've noticed you went for the blue version! :) So far I'm pleased with mine. It's a very good flipper and it also has a solid early lock up.

      Delete
  7. Any suggestions on the $30-40 range, well made folder?

    ReplyDelete
  8. At this point in time, I'd say the KUR clone (but I haven't tried it yet) or if you're willing to push a bit your price range (it's at a touch less than $45) the mini butcher (see my quick review linked in my message just one up!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the 940 review Franz! Always enjoy seeing others opinions :)

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thank you both for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I've received the "Monkey" G10 Coordinal. Great little big knife, great sharp blade. The finish on the anodised (or is it painted) steel part of the frame could have been better but overall it's good looking, light, sturdy... A great piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pics please! :)
      How much does it weight?

      Delete
    2. And here are the pics... Took a bit more time than expected to get them done, but well, patience is always rewarded!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the pics! :)
      The jade G10 has a unique look for sure.

      Delete
  12. Mine's 117.8g, which considering the size is very decent. It's a bit smaller and heavier than the Asymmetric I was EDCing before, and not as smooth, but then very few knives compare to the mighty Vespa Asymmetric Carbon!
    Pics will come soon, tomorrow I hope!

    ReplyDelete