Gearbest

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Spyderco Yojimbo 2 copy from Aliexpress

Bada$$ wharncliffe blade for self defense
Pros:
- excellent fit and finish 
- comfortable handle with good ergonomics 
- solid lock-up without any blade play
- smooth opening and closing (bronze washers)
- perfectly centered, nice satin finished blade
- awesome hollow ground wharnecliffe blade for SD
- pocket friendly size

Cons:
- it came with slight rubbing marks on one of the G10 scales
- a couple of hot spots around the lock (5 minute work with a piece of sandpaper)

Details:
Blade length: 3.15" (80 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.141" (3.6 mm)
Blade steel: 9Cr18MoV (56-58 HRC)
Open length: 7.6" (193 mm)
Closed length: 4.45" (113 mm)
Handle thickness: 0.54" (13.8 mm)
Weight: 4.58 oz (130 g)
Handle: G10 with nested steel liners 
Lock: compression lock 
Carry: right/left hand tip up/down

You can buy the Yojimbo 2 on Aliexpress:
                                              ***HERE*** Black/orange/blue/green/camo G10 versions
                                              ***HERE*** Carbon fiber CF version
                                             
!! New colors !!
                                            
Because of a stupid rule of Aliexpress the sellers are forced to photoshop the locking mechanism on the folders. So don't worry these folders come with compression lock!

Pretty satin finish:
Solid compression lock:
A couple of hot spots around the lock
(easy fix with a piece of sand paper):
After rounding those sharp corners:
Nested steel liners:

More pics:

17 comments:

  1. I ordered one like I told you. Then the other day I found one with carbon fiber scales for $19.19...had to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two now and two on the way (one is cf)I really like them.

      Delete
    2. The Yojimbo2 is an excellent design.
      I took apart mine and I rounded the sharp corners around the lock. I also polished and oiled the washers and the liners around the pivot. Now it feels even better holding it in the hand. I'm planning to order the orange or the blue version too just for fun! :)

      Delete
  2. I have one on the way, as well.

    Isti, since aliexpress updated their app to allow following profiles, you should share yours with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The CF scales look nice but G10 is more practical for such a folder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very nice on your pics...
    I might end up being tempted, in September. At the moment I'm just waiting for a Spyderco Double Bevel and Boker Bullpup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compared to those this Yojimbo2 is dirt cheap for $16.50 shipped. :)
      Sometimes I'm really amazed what the Chinese can produce for $15-20 shipped (for example the Ganzo 7xx series).

      Delete
    2. I recieved my G10 model and am very impressed with it...It's on par with my PM2 clones...very nice fit and finish for the price.

      Delete
    3. What color did you go for?

      Delete
  5. I got black... I ordered it before the others came out... Then when I saw those I ordered the car... I'll probably get the blue and orange too at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious about the CF version.
      So please drop a line when you receive yours.

      Delete
  6. I received the man in clone today... Great fit and finish... And got the notice that the military titanium is waiting for me at the post office... Picking that up tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's about your new titanium Military?

      Delete
    2. It's just like the original... The only difference is the screw that holds the ss insert is flat instead of rounded... Also, it is a copy of the older beveled shouldered version... But over all it in the top for being exactly like the original.

      Delete
  7. Mine came in today. Same issues that you pointed out, down to the hotspots in the g10. Probably the best, cheapest knife I've gotten to date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spend extra 10 minutes by sanding those hotspots and it'll be perfect.

      Delete