Gearbest

Mars Pro Global Presale

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Exclusive Pramilitary 2 clone with carbon fiber scales

The PM2 with my new Convoy S2+ flashlight

Pros:
- excellent fit and finish in every detail
- dead centered, nice satin finished blade with symetrical grind lines 
- precise jimpings on the blade spine and on the figer choil
- smooth opening and closing
- solid lock-up
- carbon fiber scales with nested skeletonized steel liners
- good size and weight (3.92 oz / 111 g) for EDC
- big lanyard hole with lanyard tube

Cons:
- the compression lock had a sharp corner which I had to round (2 minutes work with a file or a piece of sandpaper)

Details:
Blade length: 3.46" (88 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.14" (3.6 mm)
Blade steel: 7Cr13MoV Stainless Steel (58-60 HRC)
Open length: 8.26" (210 mm)
Closed length: 4.8" (122 mm)
Handle thickness: 0.47" (12 mm)
Weight: 3.92 oz (111 g)
Handle: carbon fiber scales with nested skeletonized steel liners
Lock: compression lock
Carry: right or left hand tip up or tip down

!! UPDATED LINKS !!
You can buy the carbon fiber PM2 on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** 
G10 versions in different colors: ***HERE*** or ***HERE***

Because of a stupid rule of Aliexpress the sellers are forced to photoshop the locking mechanism on the folders. So don't worry this folder comes with a compression-lock!

Compression lock and precise jimpings on the blade spine:
Nice CF patterns in direct sunshine:
PM2 and Emerson CQC-7 copy:

More pics:

16 comments:

  1. I've had this for several months. One of the tip-up pocket clip holes was totally threadless so I had to put a drop of glue to fix it. The blade was slightly off centered. Compression lock had the same sharpness as you described. Lock is super solid though

    All in all for the price I still like it. These days I want my knives to have a deep carry clip. I don't like when a knife sticks out from my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are nice deep carry pocket clips for the PM2 on Ebay.
      Although they cost more than this PM2 copy! :))

      Delete
    2. I've seen the some deep carry clips for the pm2 but as you said they cost more than the knife so I just can't buy one :D

      Delete
  2. Para2 + Carbon fiber = I had to get it.
    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays it's quite hard to find these PM2 clones with proper compression lock on AE. So I recommend to order them while they're available.

      Delete
    2. I like different locking mechansims and of course I'm interested in the comp. lock, too. So how is it about usability compared to the standard liner lock, what's the pros and cons?

      Delete
    3. The compression lock is stronger and safer than an ordinary liner lock by design.
      For me unlocking it isn't as convenient as a liner lock.

      Delete
  3. Ok, so it's a bit as I thought.
    What lock do you prefer for normal edc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good frame lock and axis lock

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I got mine today.
    It looks like this time I lost the QC Chinese lottery, by far the worst knife I've ever got.
    1 of the frame screws missing (and not in the box)
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l598/bdpf/IMG_1614_2.jpg
    Pocket clip all dinged up
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l598/bdpf/IMG_1623_2.jpg
    Knife all crocked
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l598/bdpf/IMG_1634_2.jpg

    I'll need to open the knife and see why it's all crocked and if there's fixing.
    Finding the right screw though will be a PITA.
    Not really sure if there's anything I can do through AliExpress ???

    Not happy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! Write the seller to send you a replacement clip & screw before opening a despute. I think the scale is not alligned because of the missing screw.

      Delete
    2. I though so to and I took the back screw and put it on the front, that's when I took the pic.

      Delete
    3. You should send it back for a full refund.

      Delete
    4. Yeah I thought of that but I'm not sure of what's AE policy on that. If the seller pays for shipping, then I will gladly do that however, usually the buyer needs to pay for return shipping and in that case, shipping will cost me as much as the knife.
      I'll try to find sometime this weekend to open the knife and see if I can figure out what's up with the scales before contacting the seller.

      Delete
    5. Itsy, did you take yours apart?
      If yes, do you remember how many washers did you have by any chance.
      On mine, I have on each side 1 very thin teflon/plastic washer + 2 brass washers.
      If I leave only one brass washer on each side, then, the 1mm difference from each side show on the pics is gone, however something is not right, it looks like the washers are not even making contact.
      If I put 2 brass washers, then it looks like it's making contact but then I get the difference between the 2 sides again.
      It looks to me like either the washers or the back spacers are the wrong thickness, most likely the washers.

      Delete
    6. As I remember mine has only bronze washers.
      It's worth a try to replace wahers if you have spare ones around.

      Delete