Gearbest

Mars Pro Global Presale

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Neat XL Shirogorov 110 style folder with steel bolsters

The perfect company for Sunday afternoons :)
Pros:
- excellent fit and finish in every detail 
- large 4.13" (105 mm) stonewashed blade
- solid lock-up without any blade play
- smooth opening and closing thanks to the ball bearing pivot system
- despite the XL size it weights moderate
- elegant EDC friendly slim design which feels comfortable in the hand and in the pocket too
- the ends of the axis bar are chamfered which makes the unlocking more comfortable

Cons:
- out of the box the folder needed some cleaning and oiling to achive a perfect smooth action

Details:
Blade length: 4.13" (105 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.15" (3.8 mm)
Blade steel: D2 Stainless Steel (58-60 HRC)
Open length: 9.69" (246 mm)
Closed length: 5.55" (141 mm)
Handle thickness: 0.51" (13 mm)
Weight: 6.49 oz (184 g)
Handle: G10 with steel bolsters / liners
Lock: axis-lock
Carry: right hand tip up

You can buy it at reliable sellers on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** or ***HERE****
The grooves on the blade are photoshoped in the seller's pics because of a stupid rule of Aliexpress.

!! NEW VERSION !!
You can buy the new version of this folder on Aliexpress:
Because of a stupid rule of Aliexpress the sellers are forced to photoshop the locking mechanism on the folders. So don't worry these folders come with a lock!

Disassembled

Interesting machining patterns inside


Full G10 version (review HERE)
More pics:

6 comments:

  1. Great review and pics... I'm tempted again! Still I have an easy defence with the other 110 already in my "knife closet"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! :)
      Because of its slimmer, more refined design it feels quite different holding it in the hand compared to the full G10 version. So I haven't regreted ordering it.
      Now I've got the itch to buy the thumb stud version of the full G10 one. A full set of these Shiro 110s would be awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Do you know where I can find this specific version with the bolsters and the fuller NOT the thumb stud? The aliexpress links are dead and I'm trying to hunt down the knife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find the exact same folders on AE either but I've manged to find a very similar new version of the Shirogorov 110 copy. Have a look at the new links.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! That was close enough, I like the fuller but mainly I just don't want the thumb stud with the bolsters. I've got one on order now; seems like it'll be nice for EDC; how have you ("how did you", if you sold/traded it) ended up liking it [with time having passed]?

      Delete
    3. I still have mine. I prefer it to the bigger and thicker black/brown G10 version because it fits my medium sized hands better.
      As I see this new version has a different style pocket clip too.

      Delete