Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Awesome Alexey Konygin T50 T90 style folder

Awesome Russian design by Alexey Konygin
Pros:
- perfect fit and finish in every detail
- massive titanium frame lock with steel lock bar insert and hidden lock bar limiter
- solid lock-up without any blade play
- perfectly centered light stone washed blade 
- stylish titanium handle with good ergonomics
- very smooth opening and closing out of the box thanks to the ball bearing pivot system
- excellent flipper 

Cons:
- none

Details:
Blade length: 3.9" (99 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.157" (4 mm)
Blade steel: D2 Stainless Steel (58-60 HRC)
Open length: 8.93" (227 mm)
Closed length: 5.03" (128 mm)
Weight: 6.06 oz (172 g)
Handle: titanium
Lock: frame lock with steel insert
Carry: right hand tip up

!! UPDATED LINKS !!
You can buy the T50 - T90 with S35VN blade on Aliexpress: ***HERE*** 

T50 and Spyderco Slysz Bowie copy:

You can buy the Slysz Bowie at a reliable seller on Aliexpress:
***HERE*** or ***HERE***
If you like the Slysz Bowie have a look at the C158 Techno too! :)

More pics:

13 comments:

  1. Ain't it lovely? I absolutely love mine! I have been carrying my cf/ti hati clone though. 115 grams of pure awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The T50 was a pleasent surprise for me. The action is perfectly smooth out of the box and it flips like a charm. The fit and finish is also impeccable.

      That CF Hati is a really good deal and its 115 g weight makes it even more EDC friendly just like my new Slysz Bowie (118 g).

      Delete
  2. Well well well... Once again a piece that I had passed and that your picture light a lust for...
    I'll probably wait until I've received the three knives I have in the mail, but then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to point out about your link, Isti.. The T50 link says ZT0808 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I did order one without waiting... I got an "end if year bonus" that makes me go crazy on knives, it seems...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ask me you deserve it! ;))
      Which color did you order?

      Delete
  5. May be it's Best Fillet Knife Style. I will return again to see your new post. Thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you like this compared to the F95 Seashell and the Coordinal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the Seashell but I have the very similar F95 Icebreaker.
      Quality wise all of them are in the same class. Surprisingly despite of the lowest price and the biggest size the T50 feels the smoothest.
      The T50 is a heavy duty folder and the other two are more gentleman style ones.
      EDC wise the T50 is the widest and the heaviest (T50 172g, Icebreaker 150g, Coordinal 137g).

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info. I'd looked at Chinese knives a couple of years ago and found them lacking despite much lower prices. But today... wow, it is so very impressive how far they have progressed. The T50 really caught my eye. The handle design looks amazing. I've long depended upon my SOG Vision and Vulcan for EDC chores, but wouldn't mind having this one. As for gentleman's knives, I agree the Coordinal is a beautiful choice and the lightest. There's another which I noticed that is even lighter and quite conservative in design. Have you seen the A Dai GTC folder?

      Delete
  7. I wish they brought this one back (and in a lighter version with milled-out handle scales) ...

    Such a nice shape (and looking really usable, too)!

    ReplyDelete