Saturday, October 17, 2015

SRM PRB-610 - a neat gentleman's folder from Sanrenmu

Nice little gentleman's folder with a sense of quality

Pros:
- excellent fit and finish with copper bolsters and lanyard tube
- usefull blade shape for slicing and piercing
- perfectly centered blade
- solid lock-up without any blade play
- smooth opening and closing (after some cleaning and oiling)
open back design for easy cleaning
- thanks to the finger choil you can have a full 4 finger grip on it

Cons:
- I had to clean and oil it for a smooth opening/closing action

Details:
Blade length: 2.2" (56 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.11" (2.8 mm)
Blade steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel (~57 HRC)
Open length: 5.55" (141 mm)
Closed length: 3.34" (85 mm)
Handle thickness: 0.55" (14 mm)
Weight: 2.29 oz  (65 g)
Handle: steel liners with wooden scales
Lock: liner-lock
Carry: no pocket clip

You can buy the SRM 610 at Gearbest: ***HERE***
GBOS2015 is 8% off coupon for all the undiscounted and no special price products in the category of Outdoors & Sports.

Perfectly centered blade:
Have a look at these details:
Sanrenmu 710, 738, 610 and 681:
Sanrenmu 710 and 610:
Sanrenmu 610 and 681:
Sanrenmu 7028 and 610:

More pics:

9 comments:

  1. Isn't that brass instead of copper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brass is a sort of alloy of copper. Could you tell the difference at sight? ;)

      Delete
  2. Well, brass is yellow copper in some languages, still copper is resembled to be reddish while brass is looking golden, till it got patina. So yes, I guess I can tell the difference :P

    And I've seen that they call it brass on gearbest, too, so it's no big issue anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of a pretty small knife
    I wish they had skipped the marketing logo on the handle, the only con in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same. They should have used the on R loho at least or the new Chinese logo.

      Delete
    2. Holy crap, I shouldn't type when tired.
      I wanted to say "they should use the old R logo or the new Chinese logo".

      Delete
  4. If you want to have a good laugh go check out this aliexpress shop :P
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1722178

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want that "Baer Goldberg" knife! :)))

      Delete
    2. I prefer the Wild boar Darrel Ralph Expendables knife.
      So beatiful and well made, I'd have loved it when I was 10 I guess...
      I'm a little surprised that I see no ratings there on these high quality tools.
      The Service Center says ILOL, so they are funny, too!

      Delete