Gearbest

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Enlan EW009 - slim stylish frame-lock folder


Pros:
- unique design with a nice fit and finish
- decent sized narrow blade
- solid lock-up without any blade play
- good flipping action (after some oiling)   
- comfortable handle design
fully open back for easy cleaning
- good sharpness out of the box

Cons:
- the blade is slightly off-centered

Details:
Blade length: 3.54" (90 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.118" (3 mm)
Blade steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel (~58 HRC)
Open length: 8.26" (210 mm)
Closed length: 4.72" (120 mm)
Weight: 3.7 oz  (105 g)
Handle: steel with wooden scales
Lock: frame lock
Carry: right hand tip up


You can buy it at Fasttech: ***HERE***

More pics:



9 comments:

  1. This one has caught my eye on FT but 90 mm...
    Make it somewhere around 3" and I buy it right away, Enlan.
    Btw, is the wood sunken into the frame like on the Mnandi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that this Enlan has a decent sized blade. The wood isn't sunk on the handle.

      Sanrenmu has a ton of offerings in the sub 3" category. IMO if SRM made those folders bigger by ~20% they would sell better.

      Delete
  2. I learned for myself that I don't edc anything bigger than a RAT 2, my favourite atm is the Gnome.
    And why not make a smaller size to this biggie? At least it seems to be a nice flipper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the RAT 2 is the perfect edc size. But I started edcing the Ganzo 719 auto and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit that I like the G719, too, esp. as a working knife, e.g. to cut out silicone at the bath tub.
    But it's illegal to own in Switzerland so I won't edc it and maybe someday try to convert it into a button-lock folder. Just need some Kwik Studs and some grinding, and some mood and time for it...
    http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/e_sutus/Ganzo/DSC01073_zpslc5zlbmx.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right exactly! I'm sure it would be easy to convert it. I don't love the fact that there isn't jimping. Luckily I love in Indiana, USA where it became legal to carry autos within the last couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there isti.
    This one slipped by my sharp and pointy radar, thanks for enlightening me. :)
    One now ordered via your link above, FastTech are my favourite Chinese on-line knife store, sometimes slow to arrive but that's not FT's fault.
    Best regards isti.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! I'm glad you're back! :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you.
    I've been limited to a phone and not the best of providers.
    Back with broadband now, much better.

    ReplyDelete