Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ganzo G710 - the budget version of the Benchmade Rift

Benchmade Rift for the masses! :)

Pros:
- strong, sturdy folder with an excellent fit and finish
- ambidextrous, easy to operate axis-lock
- ergonomic, very grippy textured G-10 handle
- 0.145" (3.7 mm) thick blade !!!
- awesome steril blade without any text  or logo
  (the new batch comes with the Ganzo logo)
- very smooth opening and closing
- solid lock-up with zero blade play

Cons:
- mine came with a slightly rounded tip, nothing serious I'd resharpen it anyway

You can also buy the Ganzo G710:
***HERE*** (Gearbest) or ***HERE*** (Fasttech)

Details:
Blade length: 3.74" (95 mm) cutting edge 3.54" (90 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.145" (3.7 mm)
Blade steel: 440C Stainless Steel (58-60HRC)
Open length: 8.26" (210 mm)
Closed length: 4.6" (117 mm)
Weight: 5.46 oz  (156 g)
Handle: G-10
Lock: axis lock
Carry: right or left hand tip up only

More pics:

5 comments:

  1. Which of the Ganzo 704 and 710 would you choose as your preferred large Axis lock folder? Is one easier to open when wearing gloves? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ganzo 710 is easier to open for me. I recommend it over the G704 because of its slightly bigger size too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now ordered this knife. I can't wait to compare it to the Benchmade 950 Rift that own as well! How will it stack up against the original? I am so exited to have them square off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hvdgoor, did you get a chance to compare them yet?

      I'm a bit of a Benchmade addict, and the Rift is one I've always had my eye on.

      I ordered a 710 as a stopgap recently, I'm hoping I'll be as impressed with it as I am with the 727M I have.

      Delete
  4. I love my G710. The axis-lock and the opening/closing as smooth as on my BM 550. The G10 scales look a bit rough but they feel good in the hand. Let me know about your thoughts after comparing it to the original BM 950.

    ReplyDelete